Welcome to Economics in Action
Lakshya Datta, Sixth College ’11
Richard T. Carson
Read what our undergraduate and graduate
students have been up to.
What It’s Like to Be an Undergraduate RA
Record Set by Our Doctoral Graduates on the Job Market
Demand was strong, fortunately, despite the federal hiring freeze.
MIT Economist Shares Insights on Indian Democracy
Public lecture, ”Indian Democracy: Why Doesn’t It Deliver More?“
Faculty in the News
- UC San Diego’s Graduate Programs Earn High Marks in U.S. News and World Report Rankings
- American Academy of Arts and Sciences Elects UC San Diego Chancellor and Three Professors
- Active Genetics Goes Global
- Taking on Inequity at the Crossroads of ‘Rigor, Relevance, and Impact’
- Modi Faces ‘Disappointed’ Voters in India’s Most Populous State
- Studying Versus Learning in a World That Counts Marks
- Juggling Dreams and Livelihood: View from the Back-Bench
- Forget ‘Teach a Man to Fish’: Just Give Him Cash
- The Future of Not Working
- Group Gives Cash Aid to Rural Kenyans, Then Studies Its Effects
- On Average, Donald Trump Comparison of Health Care, Housing Doesn’t Match Data
- Study: Medicaid Changes Could Cost RI $514M
- Stopping the Death Spiral
- San Diego Unified’s Highly Touted Grad Rate Excluded Thousands of Students
- Struggling Students Moved to Online Charters, Boosting District’s Record Grad Rate
- San Diego Unified’s Jaw-Dropping Grad Rate Is Now Official. Here’s How It Got Here
- Researchers Have Found a Surprisingly Powerful Effect of Sleeping More
- San Diego Scientists Named to Prestigious Scientific Association
- How San Diego Built a Bridge over the Wall
- Economists Price BP Oil Spill Damage to Natural Resources at $17.2 Billion
- Is There Life Beyond the Chargers?
- The American Obsession with Parenting
- Modeling Strategic Communication: From Rendezvous and Reassurance to Trickery and Puffery
- Gas Prices Are Rising Again. What Does That Mean for the Economy?
- An Oil Crisis Is Looming; Welcome to Trump-Putin World
- California Spending May Doom the Boom
- Is San Diego Headed for a Luxury-Hotel Glut?
- San Diego’s Public Transit Growth Hits Speed Bump
- Don’t Roll Back Fuel Standards, End Them
- Do Regulations Really Kill Jobs?
- Are the Rich More Selfish than the Rest of Us?
Issue 25 : October 2017
- SanDERA Undertakes Exciting New Education Research
- Record Set by Our Doctoral Graduates on the Job Market
- MIT Economist Shares Insights on Indian Democracy